If you want to be a video editor or a YouTuber you have to learn video editing. There are many software which are available free online. You can download their free trial version. Don’t worry we did our research and used many of the software. After careful consideration here are the top 7 video editing software for beginners.
Read Also: Best Webinar Platforms for Distance Learning
Best Video Editing Software For Beginners:
Video editing required skills and creativity but most importantly you need software to take a start. If you are a beginner then you have to understand that there are a number of ways through which you can make your video presentable. you can remove audio or replace it with a new one, cut the unnecessary part and so on. So, without any further details here are the best Top 7 video editing software for beginners.
The number one software on our list is Wondershare Filmora. After using it for 6 to 7 years it’s our mushwarah to use this software if you are a beginner. It is very easy to use, unlike adobe premiere pro which is very advance and difficult to understand. You can download Filmora free trial version from their official website.
- OS: Windows 7/Windows 8.1/Windows 10 ( 64 bit OS).
- Processor: Intel i3 or better multicore processor, 2GHz or above. (Intel 6th Gen or newer CPU recommended for HD and 4K Videos).
- RAM: 4 GB RAM (8GB required for HD and 4K videos).
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 or later; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 700 or later; AMD Radeon R5 or later.
- Disk: At least 10GB
DaVinci Resolve is the second-best software that you can use for your video editing. This video editor is just like Filmora but with slide changes like before dragging your videos on the timeline you can cut the unnecessary part of the video which is not possible in Filmora. Another difference is that you can use advanced color correction tools in this software which is also very basic in Filmora. These are the main reasons why after starting on Filmora many editors moved on DaVinci but the system requirements of this software are also very high.
- GPU: For 1080p 4GB VRAM and for 4K & 6K-8K it required 8GB VRAM & 20GB VRAM respectively
- CPU: Minimum 4 Cores Maximum 18 Cores
- RAM: For HD video Minimum16GB for 4K & 6K-8K you need 32GB & 64GB respectively
- Storage: For Minimum performance 1 Hard Drive and for maximum performance 2-4 Hard Drives
Corel is making phenomenal software. Corel Draw is also one of them which is widely used in Pakistan. Besides this, they also have video editing software which is Corel VideoStudio. You can add text layer, pictures, filters and advanced color grading in this software. It is also easy to use and is just like Filmora. Recently they also launched their new VideoStudio 2020.
- OS: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, 64 bit only
- Processor: Core i3 or AMD A4 series for standard videos. Intel Core i7 or AMD Athlon A10 for HD and UHD videos
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB, 8+ GB highly recommended for HD and UHD videos
- Minimum display resolution: 1024 x 768, minimum 512 MB VRAM or higher recommended for hardware acceleration
- Hard Disk: Minimum 10 GB for full installation
CyberLink PowerDirector is a video editing software by CyberLink. You can download many filters online for free. You can do the color correction with pre-build filters and make your video presentable. Besides this, you can also add text layers and animations. This software is also used by many people because of its low system requirements and easy to use features.
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10, 8/8.1, 7 (64 bit OS only)
- Processor: Intel Core™ i-series or AMD Phenom® II and above.
- Memory: 4 GB RAM.
- Graphics: 128 MB VGA VRAM or higher.
- Storage: 7 GB available space.
Camtasia Studio is basically for those people who love to give presentations or want to make informative videos. This software helps you to record your PC screen after that you can add different text layers, filters and you can make it as per your requirements. You can also edit audios and can crop your videos.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10
- CPU SPEED: 2.0 GHz CPU with dual-core processor
- RAM: 4 GB
- Hard Drive: 2 GB
Shotcut is another video editing software for beginners and the best part is it is free. You can edit the audio of your video, can add text layers and other video effects. Hence, this software has all the essential features which are required for video editing.
- OS: 32- or 64-bit Windows 7 – 10, Apple macOS 10.10 – 10.15, or 64-bit Linux with at least glibc 2.19.
- CPU: x86-64 Intel or AMD; at least one 2 GHz core for SD, 2 cores for HD, and 4 cores for 4K.
- GPU: OpenGL 2.0, Graphic Card with DirectX 9 or 11 drivers.
- RAM: At least 4 GB for SD, 8 GB for HD, and 16 GB for 4K.
Adobe Premiere Pro:
There is a reason we place Adobe Premiere Pro on last. Adobe Premiere Pro is a giant among all video editing software. It’s a little bit difficult to start but once you understand its functions and short keys then you will start loving this software. You can edit every kind of video. Its an advanced level video editing software you can also use masking tools in it. If you know Zach King his magic videos are made on this software. So let’s dive into the system requirement of this software.
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) version 1803 or later
- Processor: Intel® 6thGen or newer CPU – or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 8 GB of RAM
- GPU: 2 GB of GPU VRAM
- Hard Disk: 8 GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (will not install on removable flash storage)
These are the top 7 video editing software for beginners. If you use any other software do comment below and follow our YouTube Channel Mushwarah.pk