“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” This quote is by Ansel Adams who was a landscape photographer. Indeed photography is an art. You have to see things differently. For enhancing the quality and any irregularity in pictures, photographers also need editing software. So here we are back with the top 7 photo editing software for everyone.
Read Also: Top 7 Video Editing Software For Beginners
Top Photo Editing Software:
After careful analysis and based on our experience we are here to give you our mushwarah on top photo editing software that you can use for making your picture extraordinary. Some of the software mentioned below are paid. Let’s start
The number one software on our list is Adobe Photoshop. This software is widely used by many people from different fields. It has every tool that you need for removing any unnecessary parts from your photos. You can completely transform an aged person into a young one or vise versa. This software is specially for professionals and therefore not very much easy to use. You can download the trial version from their website.
Minimum System Requirments:
- CPU: Intel or AMD processor with 64-bit support, 2 GHz or faster processor
- RAM: 2 GB
- HDD: 3.1 GB of storage space
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 or equivalent
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7 SP1
Corel Draw is the second photo editing software that is also used by many professional people. It is widely used in Pakistan. You can design all the cards, covers and can add a text layer. This software also has almost all the tools that photoshop has. This software is also a little bit difficult to use as they make this software for professional people.
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or Windows 7, in 32-bit or 64-bit, all with latest Updates and Service Pack
- CPU: Intel Core i3/5/7 or AMD Athlon 64
- RAM: 2 GB
- HDD: 1 GB hard disk space
- Multi-touch screen, mouse or tablet
If you want free software for photo editing then Gimp is the best option. We also use this software and it’s our honest mushwarah to start learning this software first and then move on to other software. If you are looking for totally free software which is an alternative to photoshop then this software is the one. You can use all the necessary tools in it. You can change color gradings, you can use cropping & masking tools and so on.
- OS: GNU/Linux, Mac, Windows, Unix
- CPU: Intel Pentium IV or faster processor
- RAM: 256MB minimum
Adobe Lightroom is another software from Adobe. Why Adobe launched Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop? What’s the difference? The Answer to these questions is simple. If you want to edit your photos completely then you will use Photoshop but in Lightroom you can only crop and adjust the color gradings etc. No other tools like text overlay, erasing tools are not given in Lightroom.
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10* with 64-bit support (Version 1803 or later), macOS v10.13 or later
- CPU: Intel® or AMD processor with 64-bit support; 2 GHz or faster processor, Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support,
- RAM: 4 GB minimum (8 GB recommended)
- HDD: 2 GB
Skylum Luminar is the alternative of Adobe Lightroom. Many people switched from Lightroom to Luminar because of its low price and more functions as compared to Lightroom. You can edit photos by using different pre-sets and color-related tools. Unfortunately, you cannot add a text layer. Just like lightroom this software is also for enhancing the beauty of your image by using different colors and AI tools like sky AI tools.
- OS: Windows 7 (only 64-bit OS), Windows 8.1 (only 64-bit OS), Windows 10 (only 64-bit OS)
- CPU: Intel Core i5 or better
- RAM: 8 Gb RAM or more
- HDD: 2 Gb free space, SSD for best performance
Corel PaintShop Pro:
Just like Adobe Photoshop CorelDraw also launched its simple tool for photo editing which is Corel PaintShop Pro. You can edit your photos with basic, easy to use tools. Like Lightroom, you cannot add text layer and other features like Gaussian Blur. You can make your photo presentable by using this tool.
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
- CPU: processor Speed1.5 Hz
- RAM: Minimum 2 GB
- HDD: 1 GB
Photoscape is another software that we personally used and this software is a good one.If you want a very basic photo editing software for removing a few marks from photos then this software is for you. You can use all the basic tools like text editing, red-eye correction, cropping, clone stamp and so on. you can edit your photos in just a minute with this software.
They also launched there new software Photoscape X with more tools like background removal, motion blur and many more.
It can work on all operating systems with minimum requirements and they have two variants
- PhotoScape 3.4 for Windows 98 or above
- PhotoScape X for Windows 10 or Mac.
These are the top 7 photo editing software that you can use. If you use any other photo editing software do comment below and don’t forget to follow our YouTube Channel Mushwarah.pk