At this point now, the situation has gone way out of reach. However, still taking precautionary measures is better than doing nothing at all. If we have an overall look at Pakistan the current situation of smog is not that critical. Except for people in urban areas. Mainly, Lahore has been named the most air polluted city in the world. Crossing China and India.
Since Lahore has been declared the most dangerous in smog it would be good to share on the ways in which you can stay safe.
ALSO READ: Is Your WhatsApp Hacked?
- Limit your time out in the atmosphere. As the more, you stay exposed higher the chances of you catching some kind of disease.
- If you’re traveling in a car be sure not to have your windows rolled down. As the air is highly contaminated.
- Avoid doing any stressful and hardcore work.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration. As the type of weather is really weird and you’ll start to notice that your thirst is decreasing. Nevertheless, keep hydrated.
- Stay away from crowded places as you have a high risk of getting a viral disease. Moreover, it can get suffocating as well.
- People traveling on bikes, please use public transport instead. If not then I would suggest to cover yourself with a mask. Use glasses for avoiding watery eyes. On top of that helmet is just priority number one. For Saftey as well as keeping you enclosed.
- Remember to always close your windows and door in your house as this will keep your home secure from the polluted air.
Well, these are some of the basic ways that can help you but it won’t make a big difference. However, something is better than nothing at all. In this day and age, nothing is out of your reach. The advancement in technology has made everything better. Hence this is the best time to mention that you can get an air purifier to make your indoor environment better.
If you have toddlers or children running around in your home then this smog situation may be really worrying for you. But getting an air purifier can help you have a safe atmosphere.
How Does it work?
Basically an air purifier assists to remove all the impurities in the air that we breathe. For example, dust, pollen, pet dander, and most importantly SMOG.
I know what you must be thinking that to buy this equipment just for only for a season. Think again! Air purifiers can be used for all seasons. It is useful for all around the year. Especially for the people living here in Pakistan, I think we all should consider getting one.
ALSO READ: How to get rid of plagiarism?
Pricing and where can you get it from?
As far as appliances are concerned I always have suggested everyone please don’t cheap out. As you’re buying it for the intention of using it for years, not for months. So, in my opinion, AL-FATAH, ENEM STORE, HYPER STAR or METRO.
These are all the best retail stores out there in Lahore that can give the best brand and more importantly warranty on the item. I wouldn’t suggest getting this online. As the online market is not mature enough to provide you with either the best quality and warranty. Their prices may attract you but don’t be fooled.
So let’s talk about the pricing of air purifiers.
A Philips air purifier can cost around 44,000 to 50,000 PKR
HAIER costs around 10,000 to 15,000 PKR
BAUER costs around 20,000 to 30,000 PKR
Yes, I know they aren’t cheap at all but look at what’s more important your health or money. The ball is in your court. Choose wisely!