Cricket World Cup is followed throughout the world. ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 is the 12th World cup, which was contested by National Teams. Furthermore, World Cup 2019 was hosted by England and Wales from 30th May – 14th July 2019. Moreover, In World Cup 2019 instead of 14 teams, 10 teams were selected, and each team contains 9 players. 2 semi-finals take part. Firstly, 1st was between 1st and 4th ranked teams. Secondly, 2nd was between 2nd and 3rd ranked teams.
- 12th World Cup.
- Hosted by England.
- Wales from 30th May to 14th July 2019.
- 10 teams (selected)
- 1st semi-final (1st and 4th ranked team)
- 2nd semi-final(2nd and 3rd ranked team)
England hosted the World Cup 2019. Before this England hosted 4 matches in 1975, 1979, 1983, 1999.
In 2019 World Cup 10 teams were selected. England and top 7 teams were directly qualified for 2019 ICC, and remaining 2 slots teams have to win ranked in top 2 of the tournament. West Indies and Afghanistan ranked top 2 positions after winning from Scotland and Ireland simultaneously.
Teams in the 2019 World Cup:
- Above all host Team: England.
- Furthermore top 7 teams: Australia.
- New Zealand.
- Sri Lanka.
- In addition 2 winners of Tournament: Afghanistan.
- West Indies.
Total prize money for this tournament was the US $10 Million.
- Above all $4,000,000 (winner)
- Secondly, $2,000,000 (runner up)
- After that, $800,00
- 0 (Losing semi-finals , total $1,600,000)
- Moreover, $40,000 (Winner of each league, total 1,800,000)
- Meanwhile, $100,000 (Teams do not pass league, total $600,000)
To sum up, 10 Warm-Up matches were arranged that wales from 24th to 28th May 2019.
Summarized detail of matches:
- 30th May 2019: First match was between England and South Africa. Our host nation bated first and won by 104 runs.
- 31st May 2019: Match was played between Pakistan and West Indies. Pakistan bated first. West Indies won by 7 wickets.
- 1st June 2019: On 1st two matches were played.
- Above all, New Zealand won the match from Sri Lanka by 10 wickets. (Sri Lanka bated first.)
- Meanwhile, Australia won the match from Afghanistan by 7 wickets where 91 balls were left. (Afghanistan bated first.)
- 2nd June 2019: Match takes place between Bangladesh and South Africa, where Bangladesh batted first and won by 21 runs.
- 3rd June 2019: Match was played between Pakistan and England. Pakistan batted first and won the match by 14 runs.
- 4th June 2019: Sri Lanka and Afghanistan played a good game. Sri Lanka batted first and won by 34 runs (DLS method).
- 5th June 2019: On 5th two matches were played.
- First of all, South Africa competes India and South Africa batted first and lost the match by 6 wickets (15 balls left).
- Secondly, Bangladesh competes New Zealand and Bangladesh batted first and won by 2 wickets (17 balls left).
- 6th June 2019: On 6th two matches were played.
- Firstly, Sri Lanka batted first and lost the match by 7 wickets (39 balls left) from
- Secondly, South Africa batted first and won from Australia by 10 runs.
- 9th June 2019: New Zealand won the match from India by 18 runs and bated first.
And so on.
for more details: visit
New Zealand competes against India. New Zealand Bated first and won the match from India by 18 runs as a result became part of finale directly.
England played against Australia. Australia batted first, furthermore, lost from England by 8 wickets. Resultantly, England chooses as second finale team.
New Zealand and England compete for the finale. New Zealand bated first and score 241, but England also scored 241, which makes match tie, then Super over held for which New Zealand was the target of 16 runs in one over but New Zealand failed to make 16 runs and Lost match from England.
Consequently, Our host team became ICC Cricket World Cup 2109’s Champion.