Weddings, parties or any special occasion must call for a little makeup. No matter what you wear, but a little touch of blush and a splash of eyeliner or perky lip color can elevate your look from ordinary to glam. While most of us dedicate a good amount of time in applying makeup on our face to perfect our look, we often forget to remove it after the party. However, we’ve been told time and time again how crucial it is to take our makeup off every night before bed.
There is numerous makeup removing products available in the market that can help in removing makeup without much effort. One might argue that those products contain chemicals that damage your skin day by day. Moreover, sensitive skins may not take the risk. Here, the question arise what do we do?
To help you get started, we present five really easy and quick natural ways to remove makeup and maintain your skin at the same time.
Dr. Indu Ballani, Dermatologist in New Delhi says,
If you have a tough makeup to remove, use a little bit of milk or olive oil. Apply it all over your face and then wipe it off with a washcloth or cotton ball
Milk is an excellent makeup remover. We all know milk is good for health, similarly, it is also good for our skin. The fat and proteins in milk, can help your skin in hydrates and allow it to retain moisture.
Just dip a cotton ball in milk and rub it over the skin gently to remove the most stubborn makeup.
Moreover, you can add one tablespoon of almond oil in a bowl of milk, and rub it all over your face with a cotton ball. It will not only refresh your look but also remove makeup. To remove eye makeup, wipe your eyes with a piece of cotton dipped in milk, and then rinse your face.
RELATED: Drinking Water Before Going to Sleep
Dr. Reema Arora, Medical Facial Head at Cocoona Centre of Aesthetic Transformation says,
Coconut oil has three essential fatty acids and a low molecular weight which gives good penetration. It is also loaded with antimicrobial properties making it an excellent moisturiser for the entire face and body. Best to apply pre bath and leave for 10 minutes
This wonderful element impresses through simplicity. You don’t need to do anything to remove waterproof makeup! Just a wipe of coconut oil and you are done.
- Take a quarter-sized amount into your palms
- Gently rub it into your face
- Use coconut oil soaked cotton pads.
ALSO READ: 10 New Year’s Resolution Mushwarahs
Baby products are specially made for sensitive skin. So it is effective and safe for your face.
- Pour a half tablespoon of baby shampoo into the clean container.
- Add a quarter teaspoon of olive or coconut oil mix together.
- Pour in enough water to fill your container.
Steaming your skin can also help you in makeup removing. It is widely known that steaming the face is a popular beauty treatment to unclog the pores and draw toxins. This method can be used to loosen up makeup gunk to easily wipe it off later.
- Fill a small tub with hot water and lean over for a few minutes.
- As your face sweats, use a cotton ball or baby wipe to clean your skin of the makeup.
- on the other hand, you can also use a warm washcloth to sweat your skin and wipe away all makeup.
5.Honey and Baking soda
Honey is good for moisturizing the skin and contains anti-bacterial properties. Baking soda is often included in beauty and skin-care for its cleansing and brightening. However, it has antiseptic qualities too. The mixture of honey and baking soda give you a homemade makeup remover.
- Take 2 tbsp. each of baking soda and honey
- Adds a few drops of water and mix.
- Dip a cotton ball or washcloth in this mix
- Use it to gently wipe away the makeup.
- It acts as a gentle exfoliator for your skin.
- Wash your skin with water and see how fresh you feel.